Granola Dusted Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 beaten egg
2 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt
egg wash: 1 egg and 2 tbls milk or cream whisked together
Lucy’s Granola Chicken Feed (approx. 1/2 cup)
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer until smooth.
- Blend in beaten egg.
- Add flour, mixing until just combined.
- Form dough into a roll 1 1/2” diameter. Wrap with parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate to set.
- Slice roll into 1/4” discs. Roll edges in egg wash, then roll in Chicken Feed.
- Bake in 350° oven on parchment covered baking sheet for 7-9 minutes or until firm and just starting to brown.