Thumbprint Cookies with Toffee and Jam
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 beaten egg
2 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt
Jam: raspberry, marmalade, apricot, red currant…. up to you!
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixer until smooth.
- Blend in beaten egg.
- Add flour, mixing until just combined.
- Wrap with parchment or plastic wrap and refrigerate to set.
- Roll into balls the size of a small walnut. Press thumb into center to make a small well. put a small bit of jam in bottom of well. Top with a small chunk of toffee. (Lucy’s Toffee Crumbles come in a wide variety of sizes, you may need to cut larger pieces. But this is also to taste)
- Place cookies on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 12-15 minutes depending on size. Cookie should be firm but not browned.
- Remove to racks to cool.